Abertay University Plaque installed.
On the 1st of March the third plaque of the Commando Memorial Hertitage Trail was installed at the Old Building, Abertay University in Bell Street, Dundee. Scott Sutherland taught sculpture there between 1947 and 1955. During that period he won the commission for the Commando Memorial which was sculpted in the Bell Street studio.
Professor Liz Bacon welcomed the installation as part of the University's heritage and Colonel Barry Barnwell gave a vote of thanks from the Scott Sutherland Project committee for the outstanding support by the University towards the project. Also in attendance on the day we're members of the East of Scotland Royal Marines Association, the Royal Marines Volunteer Cadets Corps, Royal Marines Reserves and several donors and supporters. David Annand, a student of Sutherland, and Major Ronnie Proctor, Black Watch, were also part of the occasion.
The next installation is scheduled for the Sutherland family home in Newport on Tay on the 13th April. Continued and sincere thanks to everyone involved in keeping the forward momentum of this project on track.